This is what you are looking for

Like most of you who landed in this page, I was looking for the webpage of the Saint Gabriel Parish. Was running late one night and wanted to confirm the last Mass schedule because a delayed mass the previous week got me a bit confused. Googled for the schedule and telephone numbers but found none. Missed mass that time.

Will try to post information here related to our parish. Maybe other parishioners can do the same. Am actually crossing my fingers that the students and graduates of Saint Gabriel Academy can help collect information about Saint Gabriel, our church and the community.

We can all use this as a temporary page for important announcements as we help plan and create a complete website.

Thank you so much. God Bless!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

9-hour Novena to the Infant Jesus of Prague

Last month, I found at home a prayerbook that I cannot recall where I got from. Its the Novena to the Infant Jesus of Prague.

I am still in a state of amazement how many small requests were answered immediately. It has been a source of strength for me that I don't anymore count how many I have said. It is just automatic by the turn of the hour that I will look at the clock to confirm the time, and quickly pray when I can push aside work for a couple of minutes.

Let me just share with you the prayer.



O Jesus, Who hast said,
ask and you shall receive,
seek and you shall find,
knock and it shall be opened to you,
through the intercession of Mary,
Thy Most Holy Mother,
I knock, I seek,
I ask that my prayer be granted.

(Make your request)

O Jesus, Who hast said,
all that you ask of the Father in My Name,
He will grant you.
Through the intercession of Mary,
Thy most Holy Mother,
I humbly and urgently ask Thy Father
in Thy Name that my prayer be granted.

(Make your request)

O Jesus, Who hast said,
"Heaven and earth shall pass away
but My word shall not pass",
through the intercession of Mary,
Thy Most Holy Mother,
I feel confident that my prayer will be granted.

(Make your request)

Then continue with 3 Our Fathers and 12 Hail Marys.


It can be a nine day Novena that you pray at a consistent time once a day, or a 9 hour Novena that you pray literally by the hour. When the need is urgent and great, you can try the latter.

Found a few pages on the internet on how to pray the Novena effectively. Here is the easiest and most interesting read: http://www.drstandley.com/guidance_novenas.shtml

From Dan Jay's blog at http://danjaysblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/nine-hour-novena-to-infant-jesus-of.html,
The feast day for the Infant Jesus of Prague was traditionally celebrated on the third Sunday of May (which would be this coming May 15, 2011).  This feast is not part of the current Roman Missal or the Missal of 1962 celebrated in the Western Church, but this is still a great devotion when you have an urgent prayer request.  We can use this "storm novena" or "flying novena" by praying it on nine consecutive hours in one day.  For instance, you could pray it at 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., etc. until you have completed nine prayers.  This novena is very similar to the "Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart" which is a prayer that St. Padre Pio prayed every day.

Here's a little more info about how this Novena came about: http://www.pragjesu.info/en/

Here is an prayer book from eBay.com selling at $10. Nice, huh.




Catholic Pocket Shrine Folder Plaque Prayer INFANT JESUS OF PRAGUE 9-Hour Novena
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Catholic-Pocket-Shrine-Folder-Plaque-Prayer-INFANT-JESUS-PRAGUE-9-Hour-Novena-/290751839447

No comments:

Post a Comment